Everyone loves a good hearty sandwich from time to time. Especially during the fall. The family is out side, raking leaves, it’s chilly you need something to warm their insides. This is a great sandwich to make the guys during the game. Piled high on this sandwich you have a perfectly buttered toasted roll with garlic, chicken breast cooked to perfection, sweet green peppers, red onion, mushrooms, crisp bacon, garlic and 2 cheeses. Then its put back in the oven to melt everything together, topped with mayo, its definitely a great way to end the day.
- 2 large fry pans
- 2 knives (1 for chicken the other your vegetables)
- 2 cutting boards (1 for chicken the other your vegetables)
- Large baking sheet lined with foil
- Mixing bowl
- Spoon for stirring
- Large jar to hold bacon grease
- Oven mits
- 3 chicken breasts (sliced your chicken, about 1/4 inch strips)
- 1 package of bacon
- 1 green pepper (remove membrane and seeds. Rinse and slice into 1/4 inch strips)
- 1/4 of a large red onion (sliced into 1/4 inch strips)
- 4 large white mushrooms (remove stem, rinse and slice into 1/4 inch strips)
- 1 teaspoon of salt and 2 teaspoons of pepper
- Heaping 1 – 1/2 cups of shredded Monterey jack and cheddar cheese
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and sliced thin
- 1 stick of butter softened
- 1 jar of minced garlic
- 4 soft hoggie rolls
Using a large fry pan and tongs cook your bacon till crisp, do not over cook. Drain your bacon grease into a jar, leave just enough in your fry pan to cook the chicken. About 1/4 of an inch. Place your chicken strips in pan and cook on medium till pink is gone. Do not over cook, chicken needs to stay moist. Set aside.
In the second large fry pan combine 1/4 stick of butter and all your sliced vegetables and garlic. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt and 2 teaspoons of pepper on your veggies. Saute´ till green peppers are tender.
Remove from the fry pan into your bowl and set aside.
Using the fry pan for your vegetables, spoon 1 heaping spoonful of minced garlic into the fry pan, spread. Slice your hoggie roll long wise, do not cut all the way through you want them to stay together. Using your soften butter, spread over each half. Place them face down on the minced garlic fry pan. Toast on medium low til golden brown. Repeat this method for the other 3 rolls.
Once toasted place them on your foiled lined baking sheet. First layer each roll with chicken divide evenly on all 4 rolls, next your vegetables and bacon. Using all of your cheese cover your toppings on each roll. Place your rolls in the oven and set on broil. Only toast till cheese is melted. You don’t want to burn your buns. Remove from oven and serve with mayo.