Living in Florida you think eating chilli is crazy even when it’s 100° outside but my kids love it, and it’s a great way to get them to eat thier vegetables.
This Southeastern chilli gives an equal balance of flavor for your senses. It is flavored with savory ground beef, corn, diced tomatoes, celery, green and red peppers, sweet red onion and spices. Chilli is easily adaptable to your favorite vegetables, just add and remove them to your liking.
This chilli is extremely easy, cooks in the crockpot on low all day and is ready for tonight’s dinner.
- Large crockpot
- Spoon for stirring
- Fry pan for ground beef
- Cutting board and knife for vegetables
- 1/2 red onion diced small
- 1 red tomatoe diced small
- 3 stalks of celery chopped small
- 1 of each, red and green pepper diced small
- 1 can of sweet corn do not drain
- 1 pound of ground beef cooked thorough and is broken into small equal size pieces
- 1 jar of vegetable juice 14 full ounces (V8)
- 2 15 oz cans of tomatoe sauce
- 1 box of Carroll Shelby’s chilli kit (can be bought at any grocery store)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If you desire any other vegetables this would be the time to have them, suggestions, diced mushrooms, carrots, beans and diced green beans are just a few suggestions. No more then 1 to 1/2 cup of each if you decide.
Once your ground beef is thoroughly cooked spoon into your crockpot, add all of your vegetables, next add your 2 cans of tomatoe sauce along with your package of spices, stir till combined. Now slowly pour your vegetable juice into the crockpot until you reach about 1/2 inch from the top. Stir carefully, set your crockpot on low for 4 to 6 hours, stir occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with cheese.
Serves about 6 to 8