If you love sweet cherries and crunchy almonds this is definitely the perfect combination for you. With just a touch of cinnamon and vanilla baked into this incredibly moist bread, you won’t be disappointed. When served warm it pairs perfectly with a cup of hot cocoa.
- 2 bread loaf pans (I prefer glass)
- 1 mixing bowl and 1 wooden spoon
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 1 cup of vetegtable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 table spoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- 1 – 2o ounce can of cherry pie filling
- 1 can of spray butter (pam)
Preheat your oven to 350°. Using your spray butter coat each baking loaf pan.
In your mixing bowl cream together your eggs, butter and oil. Next add your sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir well. Now add your flour and cinnamon mix well. Finally gently fold in your cherry pie filling and almonds.
Divide your batter evenly between your bread pans. Bake for about an hour and 15 minutes for each loaf. Bread should be golden brown, when pierced with a toothpick it should be clean and free from batter. Serve warm.
Makes 2 bread loaf pans