The holidays are just around the corner, your going to need to bring a dish to that family gathering or a night out with friends. This will definitely please everyone. The green beans are cooked just perfectly then smothered in this brown sugar cinnamon glaze. It is melt in your mouth goodness.
- Sauce pan and spoon
- Large fry pan with lid and spoon
- Bowl for serving, tongs and a small ladle for drizzling
- 2 table spoons of butter for green beans
- 1 – 16 ounce bag of fresh green beans, washed and ends cut
- 1/2 stick of butter for glaze
- 4 heaping table spoons of brown sugar
- 3 table spoons of water
- 1 table spoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
First thing to do, place your green beans in your fry pan with 2 table spoons of butter. Cover and stir frequently, you don’t want your beans to cook unevenly. Cook till tender. Keep covered and turn off burner.
In your sauce pan combine your butter, brown sugar, salt and water. Cook on low till butter is melted. Next whisk in your cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook on low till brown sugar has disolved. Keep an eye on it, you don’t want it to burn.
Now pour your glaze over your green beans in the skillet, cover and let stand for about 10 minutes.
Transfer to serving bowl. When plating drizzle some glaze over the top. Serve warm.
Serves about 4.