This is a layered casserole using sweet Italian sausage, red crushed pepper, cheese, sweet Vidalia onions, potatoes. So very good, definitely a comfort food. One dish meal, makes clean up easy.
- Large lasagna pan
- 1 cutting board and knife for vegetables and another cutting board and knife for sausage
- Tin foil
- Hot mitts
- Serving spoon
- 4 sweet Italian sausage links sliced
- 1/4 of a large sweet Vidalia onion sliced
- 1 – 28 oz bag of honey gold potatoes sliced in half
- Red crushed pepper
- Dried oregano and parsley flakes
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and sliced thin
- 3 cups of Mexican style blend shredded cheese (Monterey jack, cheddar, queso blanco and asadero cheese)
- 1/2 stick of butter sliced
- Spray butter (pam)
Preheat your oven to 350°, spray your lasagna pan with spray butter
This is an easy layering dish. First thing your potatoes.
Sprinkle your oregano and parsley. Next red crushed pepper, this spice is very hot, if you do not like very spicy food, do not use a lot. Your lips will be burning and probably clean out your sinuses as well 🙂 .
Next your onions and garlic. Don’t be shy, cover all of the potatoes.
Now add your sweet Italian sausage. Divide evenly.
Now add your butter dividing evenly then sprinkle more oregano and parsley.
Cover with tin foil and bake till potatoes are soft. About and hour.
Remove casserole from oven and tin foil. Sprinkle your cheese over the top covering the entire dish. Place back in the oven till cheese is melted, do not place tin foil back on.
Once cheese is melted, remove from oven using your hot mitts.
Serve warm, serves about 6