This is a one dish comfort food meal.
I come from work and some days I just don’t feel like cooking a large dinner with a ton of steps. I just want to throw something together, put it in the oven and have it taste good.
This is definitely it. If my kids eat it, I know I did something right.
I used a pie dish, its perfect to feed 4. Poatoes, onions, corn, deli ham, cheese, butter and some spices. So good and so easy.
Pre heat oven to 350°
- 1 pie dish
- Cutting board and knife
- Tin foil
- Hot mitts
- 8 to 12 red potatoes (washed and cut into quarters)
- 1/4 Vidalia sweet onion (peeled and diced)
- 1 can of sweet corn drained
- 8 to 10 thin slices of deli ham (I used a honey ham, any will do. Slice into bite size pieces)
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (I used mozzarella)
- 3/4 stick of butter
- Dried oregano
Cover the bottom of your pie dish with your poatoes.
Add your diced onions, sweet corn and ham.
Cover your dish with pepper and oregano. Then slice your butter and place throughout the dish. Cover with tin foil and place in oven. Bake for about an hour. Till potatoes are soft.
Once potatoes are cooked add your cheese. Cover the entire dish. Place back in oven till cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Serves about 4