This is not your average meatloaf. I wanted to try something different rather then my usual.
It is basicly a foundation loaf that you can use all sorts of sides with it.
I made homemade garlic mashed red potates and served it with gravy on top from the juices of the meatloaf. Then a side of warm buttered corn bread.
There are all sorts of options for you. My kids like jasmin rice with the meatloaf on top smothered in gravy. The ideas are endless.
Oooo meatloaf sandwhiches.. My all time favorite.
Preheat your oven to 350°
- Meat loaf pan
- Large mixing bowl and spoon
- 1 large zip lock bag and wooden spoon to crush fried onions
- Measuring spoons
- Tin foil
- Oven mitts
- 1-1/2 pounds of ground beef
- 1/2 pound of ground italian sausage
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of crushed fried onions
- 1 tablespoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano (Then some more for top of meatloaf)
- 1 tablespoon of garlic salt (Then some more for top of meatloaf)
Preheat oven to 350°
In your large mixing bowl combine your beef and sausage. Mix very well.
Now add your egg, pepper, garlic salt and oregano. Mix very well.
Add your bread crumbs and crushed fried onions.
To crush your onions pour them into your zip lock bag remove air and seal. Using a spoon, crush the onions. Repeat this process until you get a half cup crushed. You can add more if you like more onions.
Mix very well.
Place your mixture in your loaf pan. Pack firmly.
Sprinkle dried oregano and garlic salt on top. Cover with tin foil. Place in oven.
Bake for 1 hour or till meat thermometer reads 155°. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.