This time of year I love to have the oven going. Its getting cold outside in sunny Florida, so any excuse to turn on the oven and make 1 dish meals I’m there.
- Baking dish (I used a small lasagna dish)
- Cutting board and knife
- Tin foil
- Oven mitts
- 3 Italian sausage links frozen and sliced (If you freeze the sausage it makes it easier to slice)
- 1 large baking potatoe sliced thin
- 1 carrot, cleaned and sliced thin
- 1/4 Vidalia sweet onion diced small
- 1/4 green pepper diced small
- 1/4 red pepper diced small
- 3/4 stick of real butter sliced
- Dried oregano
- Garlic salt
Preheat oven to 350°
Slice your potatoes and place in your dish.
Layer in your vegetables.
Then your sausage slices.
Now your butter, place evenly.
Sprinkle garlic salt over your dish.
Then your pepper and dried oregano. Sprinkle evenly.
Cover with tin foil and bake till potatoes and carrots are tender.
About 1 hour.
Add some cheese for a garnish.
Serves about 4. Serve warm.