I get my inspiration from 2 things, my mom and my grocery store. Publix here in Ormond Beach Florida is my favorite place to shop. If I’m stuck on what to make for dinner, I get inspired as soon as I walk in the door.
Today, ham. I put this spiral cut ham in my cast iron pot with things I never imagined I would do. I hope you like it because it came out amazing.
This recipe was made in my cast iron pot, but you can use your crock pot as well.
- 8 quart cast iron pot with lid or large crockpot
- Cutting board and knife
- Oven mitts
- Serving platter
- 1 boneless spiral cut ham 5 pounds
- 1/4 red onion (peeled and sliced about 1/4 inch)
- 1 green pepper (membrane removed washed and sliced about 1/4 inch)
- 1 red pepper (membrane removed washed and sliced about 1/4 inch)
- About 12 brussel sprouts (washed and ends cut)
- 1 cup of sliced fresh carrots
- 3/4 cup of apple juice
- 1- 20 ounce can of fresh diced pineapple in juice
- 1- 10 ounce can of maraschino cherries (stems removed do not drain)
- About 1/4 cup of brown sugar
Preheat oven to 300°
Place your ham in your pot or crockpot.
Add your pineapple with juice and apple juice.
Add all your vegetables including cherries, pour cherry juice on vegetables after they have been layered.
Sprinkle brown sugar over the entire dish. Cover and bake at 300 ° for 2 hours or till vegetables are tender. For crockpot 4 to 6 hours on low.
Serves about 6. Serve warm.