I tried something new for tacos rather then the same old thing. Taco night is fun but it is messy and a lot to clean up.
So I made tacos into a casserole.
- Lasagna pan
- Large fry pan and spoon
- Cutting board and knife
- Oven mitts
- 1- 1 pound package of ground beef
- 3 flour taco shells (sliced into thin strips)
- 1/2 of sweet vidalia onion (diced)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (membrane removed and diced)
- 1 fresh tomato diced
- 1 cup of frozen sweet corn
- 3/4 cup of salsa
- 1 cup of Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 3 stalks of green onion sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Sour cream
Preheat oven to 350° coat your lasagna pan with Olive oil.
Have your vegetables prepared.
In your fry pan cook your beef on medium low, salt and pepper to taste.
Add your jalapeno pepper and cook till pepper is tender.
Add your onion and cook till tender.
Add your frozen corn and tomatoes. Cook till corn is warm on low.
Add your flour shells.
Mix till well combined.
Place your mixture in your lasagna pan.
Evenly pour your salsa on top of your mixture.
Cover with cheese and bake in the oven till cheese is melted.
Top with green onions and serve with sour cream.
Serves about 6, serve warm.