I know I’ve done something good when my daughter tells me she likes dinner. 😀
My first time at chicken pot pie so you can imagine that my biggest critic was on my mind. Well, she loved it. Phew.. 😀
- Pie plates, I used 2
- Cutting board and knife
- 2 pots for boiling chicken and potatoes
- 1 large fry pan
- Small bowl
- Egg brush
- Oven mitts
- About 8 red potatoes (cut into fours, boil until tender, drain and set aside)
- 2 chicken breasts (boil until cooked through with no pink, drain then cut into bite sized pieces, set aside)
- 2 cans of condense cream of chicken soup
- 1 yellow squash cut into thin slices
- 1 zucchini cut into thin slices
- 1/4 sweet vidalia onion (peel and slice, about 1/4 inch slices)
- 2 celery stalks sliced thin
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 cup of frozen carrots
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 pats of butter
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350°
In your 2 pie plates evenly distribute your potatoes, corn and carrots. Set aside.
In your fry pan add your butter, zucchini, squash, onions and celery. Add your salt and pepper to taste, saute till tender.
Then condense soup.
Mix well, cook on medium till warm.
Even distribute to both pie plates.
Using a small amount of water, wet the edge of the pie plate, place your pie shell on top press gently, cut remaining dough off the edge.
My pie shell looks horrible, no judging.. Bad shell day lol 😀
Using your egg, whisk in a small bowl, brush egg wash on each pie shell. Cut small slices on top.
Bake at 350° till golden brown.