There are a few things I love to slow cook more than anything and soup is one of them.
This soups cooks slow and low on the stove top for a few hours. For one the aroma filling your home is wonderful and I honestly feel as tho it flavors better.
My poobear is sick with a nasty virus, there is nothing like a warm flavorful bowl of soup to help you feel better.
This is a real simple soup to make. This is a very large pot full, if you don’t need so much just cut the recipe in half.
- 2 large 8 quart pots (one for soup the other pasta)
- 1 fry pan
- Spoon with long handle
- Cutting board and knife
- Serving bowls
- 1 package of fresh market ground beef (cook till pink is gone, chop into small pieces, set aside)
- 1- 18 ounce package of pasta shells – small (cook till tender, set aside)
- 1/2 Vidalia sweet onion (peeled and diced very small)
- 1 large elephant garlic (peeled and diced very small)
- 2 stems of fresh oregano (leaves removed)
- 5 fresh basil leaves (chopped small)
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 – 24 ounce cans of tomato sauce (keep one empty can)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Chop your basil
And your onions
In your large pot pour your 2 cans of tomato sauce, using one can fill with water 4 times and add it to your sauce.
Then add your onions, garlic, oregano and basil.
Stir, add your salt and pepper then bay leaves.
Put your burner on low, cover and cook for about 2 hours. Stir every so often and taste test for flavor. Add salt and pepper as needed. My family loves pepper so I do add quite a bit.
Once time has ended, remove bay leaves, slowly add your cooked ground beef and pasta.
Serve very warm. Feeds about 8 hearty bowls.
My daughter adds hot sauce to her soup, I add mozzarella shredded cheese.