Oh my goodness this dinner was amazing. Italian sausage and gnocchi smothered in mozzarella cheese sauce. Oh my goodness.. I really have nothing more to say.
- 2 large pots
- 1 large fry pan
- Cutting board and knife
- Serving dishes
- 1/4 red onion peeled and diced
- 1 red tomato diced
- 3 large garlic cloves peeled and diced
- Olive oil
- 5 Sweet Italian sausage links (using one of your large pots, boil till fully cooked, then slice and cut into quarters. Set aside)
- 1 package of gnocchi (using your large pot cook to manufactures instructions, drain and set aside)
- 8 ounces of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese then 1 cup to sprinkle after your dish is platted.
- Salt and pepper
- 5 stems of fresh oregano, leaves removed
- 5 fresh basil leaves diced
In your fry pan drizzle just enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan, add your onions, tomato and garlic. Saute on medium till onions are tender do not over cook.
Add your sausage, basil, oregeno, salt and pepper, cook on medium low for about 15 minutes. Set aside.
In one of your pots add butter, 2 cups of mozzerella, cream and milk. Cook on low stirring constantly till cheese is melted. Set aside.
Now on a serving plate first layer your sausage mixture, then gnocchi and cheese sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella on top, serve warm.
Feeds about 4