This dish takes some time but its so worth it. Its a different look on cacciatore. Perfect dinner for family and friends.
- Lasagna pan
- Cutting board and knife
- Large pot
- Tin foil
- Oven mitts
- 3 or 4 skinless chicken breast (slice horizontal, do not cut all the way through)
- 8 slices of smoked provolone cheese
- Oilve oil
- 1 whole garlic clove (remove skin and slice thin)
- 10 stems of fresh oregano, leaves removed
- 5 fresh basil leaves diced
- 1/2 red onion sliced thin
- Baby spinach
- Salt and pepper
- 1 jar of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 box of fettuccine (cook to manufactures instructions) set aside
Pre heat oven to 350°
Pour enough Olive oil to cover the bottom of your lasagna pan.
Once you have your chicken breast sliced, salt and pepper your chicken. Next layer your cheese, garlic, oregano and spinach.
Close your chicken breast and set in your pan.
Now add your onions, garlic, basil and oregano. If desired salt and pepper.
Now pour your tomato sauce. Not the entire jar, just enough to cover.
Cover with tinfoil and bake for about an hour to 1- 1/2 hours, depends on the temperature of your oven. Chicken needs to be fully cooked with no pink to show.
Plate your chicken on top of your fettuccini, be sure to add drippings from the chicken and onions. Add shredded cheese or parmesan cheese if desired.
Serves 3 to 4. Serve warm.