I made these incredible sandwhiches today. Full of flavor and perfect any day of the week. These sandwhiches are very easy to make and will please your friends and family.
This recipe makes 4.
- Baking sheet
- Pot for boiling
- Large fry pan
- Tin foil
- Cutting board and knife
- 4 sub rolls (cut into the top at an angle, remove the excess bread to create a bowl)
- 8 slices of smoked provolone cheese ( line the bottom of each bread bowl with 2 slices)
- 5 links of italian sweet sausage (in your pot, boil till fully cooked, slice into quarters, bite size pieces. Set aside)
- 1 green pepper (clean, remove membrane and dice into small pieces)
- 1/2 yellow onion peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 4 stems of fresh oregano, leaves removed
- 4 basil leaves diced
- 2 table spoons of minced garlic
- About 24 slices of pepperoni
- Olive oil
- 2 table spoons of dried oregano
- 4 cups of shredded cheese (I used a four cheese mexican blend)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups of tomato sauce
Preheat oven to 350°
In your fry pan, pour enough olive oil to cover the bottom of your pan. Add your peppers, onions and garlic. Saute on medium till tender. Now add your sausage and tomatoes, saute on medium till tomatoes are soft. Add your dried oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
Add your basil and a few leaves of fresh oregano.
Place about 4 to 6 slices of pepperoni on each sandwich.
Now add your sausage filling to each sandwich.
Cut sheets of tinfoil to support each sandwich.
Place each sandwich with their own foil. Add tomato sauce and fresh oregano.
Now add cheese for each sandwich, don’t be shy. Fill your sandwich.
Now cover with more tinfoil and bake in the oven till cheese is melted.