This soup turned out amazing. Full of flavor and spicy with fresh vegetables and chicken. If you don’t like your soup very spicy use only 1 jalapeno pepper.
- Large stock pot
- Cutting board and knife
- Large fry pan
- Long handle spoon
- Serving bowls
- 2 large skinless chicken breast fully cooked and diced into small pieces
- 1 large green pepper (rinse, remove membrane and dice small)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (rinse and dice small, including the seeds)
- 5 garlic cloves peeled and sliced
- Olive oil
- 1 large fresh tomato (dice small)
- 1/2 yellow onion (peel and dice small)
- 2 cans of corn do not drain
- 1 avocado diced
- Shredded cheese
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 can of chicken stock 49 ounce can, plus 4 more cups
- Salt and pepper to taste
In your fry pan pour just enough olive oil to coat the bottom. Add your green pepper, jalapeno, onion and garlic. Saute till tender.
Pour your chicken broth in your pot, add corn, tomato, chicken and all contents in your fry pan. Stir well, let simmer on low for about an hour, stir frequently.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Ladle into serving bowls. Add cilantro, avacado and shredded cheese. Serve warm.
Serves about 4 large bowls.