This is an incredible combination of meats and veggies. Pulled together with mozzarella and fresh spices.
You can put any combinations together, in this recipie I’m giving you three combinations. The first, chicken, bacon, mushrooms, red and green peppers, red chilli pepper, black olives, fresh spices, fresh garlic and Olive oil on a bed of baby spinach.
- Baking pan
- Cutting board and knife for vegetables
- Cutting board and knife for chicken
- Large fry pan for bacon and chicken
- Spoon to stir
- Rolling pin
- 16 ounces of fresh Italian pizza dough
- 1/2 red pepper (remove membrane, rinse, slice into 1/4 inch slices)
- 1/2 green pepper (remove membrane, rinse, slice into 1/4 inch slices)
- 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 red chilli pepper (remove membrane, rinse and slice thin)
- 1/4 cup of sliced black olives
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and sliced
- 6 slices of bacon cooked till desired crisp
- Olive oil
- 1 Chicken breast sliced long wise then flattened
- Dried Italian spice
- About 1/4 cup of fresh oregano leaves
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cups of baby spinach
- Flour for dusting
- Salt and pepper
- Spray butter (pam)
Preheat oven to 350°
Once your bacon is cooked do not drain, set aside. Place your chicken breast in your fry pan, sprinkle salt and pepper. Cook til tender and pink is gone.
While your chicken is cooking prep your vegetables. Once your chicken is cooked place on cutting board and cut into bite size pieces, set aside.
Place your vegetables and garlic into your frying pan. Cook til tender. Add a little Olive oil if your pan is dry.
Add your mushrooms next, cook till tender, don’t over cook.
Dust your counter top with flour.
Roll your dough out till you reach about 3 inches past a dinner plate.
Place your spinach on top of your dough.
Add your chicken and bacon.
Now add your cooked vegetables, fresh oregano and olives. Sprinkle your Italian seasoning and some Olive oil.
Fold up your ends to the center leaving the top open.
Fill your center with mozzarella and brush your dough with Olive oil, add fresh oregano leaves.
Place on your butter sprayed baking sheet, bake till cheese is melted and browned.
Serves about 6, serve warm.
This is a ham, bacon, fresh oregano, Italian spices, pepperoni and tomato sauce combination made the same way.
Another idea, chicken, bacon, tomato sauce with diced onions and fresh oregano.